Friday, August 14, 2009

Hiatus

So its been a while, lots of good things been happening.  I have a girlfriend now.

Her name is Sarah Jayne
She also happens to drive a Mini Cooper S which I have fallen for.
She is very very cute and likes cars and is also in Industrial Design which is how we met.
We have been dating a month now and I am the happiest Ive been in a long time.
This could be one of the many reasons why I have not posted in quite a while.
We went on a picnic which was quite amazing.
I also went to my first show in quite some time.

Thats my car next to the rat rods from Bham, they are some of the first car friends I have ever made.

I also got this thing in :) 




Gene Berg shifter.
Its the 60% reduction in throw and feels amazing (not installed yet, hopefully tonight)
This is the best of the best of the best of shifters for VWs and is one of my most expensive parts to add to the car.  
There is a saying among the VW crowd which is "Cry once, buy the Berg."
Gene Berg is quite frankly one of the best after market parts and performance part manufactures in the world.  Their parts are not cheap but are very well made.  As it sits, this will be the only USDM part on the car other than a bolt that will be on the car.

The car is currently down right now due to my steering box.  I already have one on hand from my friend Jacob Simpson, he drives the cool bus.  I have become very good friends with him and will miss him this semester as he is now working for Disney at an internship.  He is a stand up guy and I would consider him to be one of the top 5 people that I have met at Auburn as just a cool stand up guy.

The steering box needs to be replaced and hopefully I can get that done very very soon.  Next week is my hometown show at Tannehill. 
Out for now, more to come later. 


1 comment:

  1. Good to hear things are going well for you Brent. I'm going to need a review of that shifter ASAP, hopefully I didn't steer you in the wrong direction. Not that I could really steer you anywhere since when your car runs it doesn't turn. I know some cool Mustang guys down here if you are into that kind of thing. ; )

    ReplyDelete